Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You and I need different things

Today was my first day at my new job at an undisclosed Japanese company (just remembered I did actually sign a confidentiality agreement - whoops).
Of course, I have no idea how to do my job, which involves lots of forms and lots of acronyms. So many acronyms, do these people use any full words?

But luckily my Japanese predecessor made a list of company-specific acronyms. There were some obvious-once-you-see-it, and no-way-I'd-ever-get-that ones:
D/H: Door handle
CCT: Cyclic corrosion test

But a few stuck out:
Sliders: Used to describe White Castle hamburgers
KFC: Kentucky Fried Chicken
Hou/reng/sou: spinach

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I sure am glad someone bothered to spell out KFC...I've been wondering about that one for awhile. Those are some tricky chickens.

~Erin's Becky

Erin P said...

wow! starting work already! that was fast!

Funny With 2 E's said...

yeah..I'm still at my part-time job too! I didn't show up yesterday (3rd day of work) because I was baito-ing it up, and people thought I quit.
But it's not that bad.

But we have T.P.S. reports.