Friday, April 11, 2008

Babelfish

Remember when you first found Babelfish Altavista translator and it was so much fun? Well, it's still fun.
Here's a love story between Makoto* and Junko that gets a bit... lost in translation:

"Being said that now being young, my own heart probably will not know, I was decided. We like you. Going wherever, I would like to keep doing in your side. Therefore favorite." With truth you confessed to her who can be made new.
"Sincerity! Such, without saying,! It is quick already." While with Junko producing the tear, you answered.

I like how it immediately involves the reader, like a Choose your own Adventure! story.

In case you're wondering, I would've done it more like this (and for $15):
"People may say we're young, and we don't know our own hearts, but I know. I love you. Wherever you go, I want to be by your side. Because I love you," confessed Makoto to his new girlfriend.
"Makoto! Don't say that! It's so soon," replied Junko while crying.

Anyone have any other fun examples in other languages?

No comments: